The display unit at Target caught my eyes the other day as it carried a large array of colours - over 70 including new additions from the b Collection by Bloom line. Launched late last year, this is a line that is created by Natalie Bloom specifically for Target and showcases high impact colour with fairly chip resistant with fabulous names after the cities across the world.
I picked up 2 bottles to try: Ibiza and Oslo for their gorgeous colours.
- Ibiza is a bright opaque coral pink colour that reminds of me of the upcoming racing carnival season.
- Oslo is a opaque mushroom taupe shade that is soft and muted and perfect for neutral looks.
|Oslo & Ibiza|
How it performed
- Is 3T free - no nasty chemicals here.
- Is glossy and shiny when I managed to get an even coat.
- fairly quick drying, each coat takes about a minute.
- Application wise, the formula was very thick and difficult to apply.
- You need to apply the varnish quite thickly to avoid streaks and need to be very precise with your strokes as going over the nail multi-time messes it up.
- 2 coats required for Ibiza while after 3 coats, Oslo was still showing streaks and I did not manage to get a nice even finish with it.
- Ibiza was quite chip resistant and lasted 3 days without top coat before fading on the edges. With a top coat, this lasted 5-6 days depending on how much cleaning I did during the week. I did not wear Oslo for long as I couldn't work with its finish.
|Ibiza - 2 coats|
|Oslo - still streaky after 3 coats|
The colour selection is vast and there are some unique shades in the line. I may have bought bad apples but to have both shades play up on me is too much of a coincidence. I've had better performing nail colours from cheaper brands (eg. Rimmel). Unless you have a phD in nail application, give this line a miss as it is not worth the frustration to get a even, streak-free finish.
I'm off to thin these formulas down and see if I can salvage them. Will report back on my results soon.
Rating: 3/10. Streaky and thick formula is not for me. RRP A$14.95 at Target