So on top of tackling breakage, I now need to tackle frizz. I decided to go with a new product from an old trusted line.
Pantene All Day Smooth
- Leave-on cream that can be used on damp towel dried or dry hair.
- Can be used daily without adding weight to hair.
- Softens hair and helps to untangle them during brushing, preventing hair breakages.
- Protects hair from external stresses like UV, air conditioning
- Light semi-fluid in texture, and despite having cyclomethicone and dimethicone (2 different types of silicones), it was not too slippery and didn't leave hair feeling it was covered by silicone.
- Lightly scented so not too overwhelming on hair.
- In terms of keeping hair smooth and frizz free, I felt it had limited success. Hair was less frizzy but it only controlled it for a few hours before things got a bit crazy again.
- After repeated uses over a few days, although smoothed, hair started to feel more greasier than normal and started to feel silicone like.
- Needed more shampoo to wash and clean hair of this styling product.
This smoothing creme is handy to have in the handbag to fix fly-aways when out and about with its convenient size. It's something that provides a temporary fix to frizz and tangled hair but I wouldn't use it daily as hair starts to feel greasy repeated use.
Rating: 6/10. RRP A$6.99 for 90ml at leading supermarkets and pharmacies.
I requested and received this product from Proctor & Gamble as part of a recent nationwide promotion.