Urban Decay Naked Palette
Here's what the product looks like in its packaging.
|In its packaging|
|Out of its box|
- The palette comes with a sleek velvet magnetic enclosure case, contains 12 neutral colours has a duo-ended 24/7 glide-on eye pencil in Zero (black) and Whiskey (brown). It also comes with a mini eye potion primer.
- Ok - the colours are not mind blowing or even terribly unique. But that is the whole attraction for me, it's meant to be a 'naked' colour palette that goes beyond basic neutrals with 4 coloured shades to play it up the abit. They are all very pretty and I love each and every one of them and can see this being the only neutral palette I ever need to have (except for product research purposes haha)
- Virgin is satin beige, sin a frosted champagne pink, naked a matte nude taupe, sidecar shimmery malty brown, buck a matte cocoa butter, half baked a metallic golden bronze, smog a frosted dirty dark copper, darkhorse a shimmery deep cool brown, toasted a satin bold copper, hustle a satin wine brown, creep is a onyx black with shimmer, and gunmetal is metallic steel grey with silver glitter.
- all the texture of the colours in this palette is just amazing, it applies like velvet on skin, and I experienced zero fallout with all of the shades. Again amazing is the pigmentation - one swipe and you get colours true to pan. It was very resistant to fading - even in humid weather and didn't crease on me for almost 3 hours (very impressive results since most shadows don't last 1 hour for me).
|NC30 skin, natural light|
|NC30 skin, fluorescent light|
- Eye shadows aside, the 24/7 glide on pencils are amazing. Literally just a soft touch and colour is transferred onto skin, making it the ideal pencils to use for tight-lining or lining the waterline as you don't have to tug as much to get pigment off it. The textures of these pencils are amazingly smooth as well - by far the best liners I've encountered to date (would be keen to compare with MUFE Aqua Eyes eye liners).
- I gave these liners a rub test, and the colours faded evenly without much smudging at all. This translated to very minimal smudging on my super oily eyes which is just so brilliant to see it faded very evenly throughout the day (imagine if you had non-oily eyes, these liners will stay fixed all day long).
- the primer potion is great to use to give any eye shadows and ensure vibrant colours that lasts for hours without fading or creasing. The only downside is it grabs eye shadows when it touches the skin, so can make blending work abit more challenging.
|freshly applied, rubbed off, see no smudging at all|
Rating: 10/10. I ♥ every product in the palette and yes, it's totally worth the hype. RRP US$44 (ex tax) at Sephora or Ulta. It is also available at BeautyBay (UK) but most retailers are currently out of stock unfortunately. I bought mine from Ulta.