Released in August last year, the Private Blend lip color showcases 12 classic shades ranging from pale nudes, to deep reds and rich red browns; they are colours that can elevate the status of lips as well as transform and influence moods and looks.
Today I'm showcasing one of his classic colours.
Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Color - Blush Nude
- The first thing you'll notice is the weighty gold-accented ivory packaging with the namesake engraving on the lid as well as the TF logo stamped onto the lipstick. It just oozes class and elegance. Details matter here - Tom isn't a designer for nothing.
- In the tube the shade looks to be a nude pinky beige colour but as you can see when swatched on my skin, it looks to be more of a milky cool nude pink on my skin tone. This would look amazing for those with a lighter complexion, as it may appear slightly ashy in certain lightings for those with warmer and deeper complexions.
- This stuff glides on to lips smoothly and with ease with a satin finish. Upon application, you will immediately detect the scent of Brazillian murumuru butter (a chocolate cocoa scent), whilst your lips are hydrated with soja seed extract and chamomilla oil to keep them looking luscious.
- Being such a light shade, it isn't the easiest lipstick to apply on my mid tone lips, and I needed a lip brush to avoid streaks, which were still slightly visible in the swatch.
- Pigmentation is no issues here as this will will give you full coverage with a swipe of the lip colour.
- Without food/drinks, this colour lasted 2 hours before fading and it's at this time that I love the shade more as my natural lip tone (which is more pink than the lip colour) shows through, giving me the fresh nude pink lip shade that I so covet.
|Indoor white light on NC30 skin|
I've always wanted to find the perfect nude pink shade for my lips but haven't quite managed just yet.
Do you have any recommendations for me?
RRP A$65 from David Jones stores | US$45 at Sephora.com, Bergdorf Goodman or Neiman Marcus.| £36 In the UK from Harrods and Selfridges.
This product was sent for review