My love affair with French brand L'Occitane started years ago when I got my hand on their perfumed hand creams (the cherry blossom and rose are my all time favourites) and this love has deepened recently with my trialling of their latest Shea Butter offerings.
L'Occitane hails back to 1976 for its humble beginnings in the hills of the Haute-Provence. Today, all their products are still developed and produced in same southern town of Manosque, as it has for the past 35 years. It still follows traditional production methods to bring effective and pleasurable products to the market by being a socially responsible company with the use of natural ingredients, essential oils, and sustainably sourced ingredients as core ingredients in all their offerings.
This year, the latest L'Occitane launch is the limited edition Perfumed Shea Butter Collection.
- Available in Vineyard Rose, Apricot Flowers, and Orange Honey - scents reminiscent of the orchards of Provence. The collection extends the pleasurable experience of shea butter and bring it up to a new indulgent level with these delicate fragrances.
- The collection line up includes a perfumed shea butter, perfumed ultra rich body cream, perfumed shea butter soap and converts best selling organic shea butter to fair trade status.
Perfumed Shea Butter 30ml* - RRP A$24.95
- Comes in a cute 1/2 circle tin and is a handy size to throw into the handbag so it can travel with you anywhere you go.
- With 95% certified organic and fair trade Shea Butter combined with organic botanical oils and beeswax for a deliciously smooth texture, it provides skin deep nourishment and protects against harsh environments.
- My little tin of Apricot FLower is a fruity burst of summer with the light apricot scent and contains organic apricot oil to sooth and protect.
- An emollient balm, I use this on my cuticles, my elbows, knees and rough patches for super soft smooth skin.
- Love it as a conditioner or balm for lips. It smells delicious but is actually tasteless which is what I prefer and has now replaced all my other lip balms.
- Don't under estimate this little 30ml tin of rich goodness - a little goes a long way. I think it will easily last me a 6-9 months of use.
Perfumed Ultra Rich Body Cream 100ml* - RRP A$36.95
- With 25% shea butter, this is an ultra luxurious tub of crème that richly moisturise with linseed oil extra, marsh mallow, sweet almond oil, honey and softening apricot oil, providing complete care for dry or very dry skin.
- It helps restore the skin’s hydrolipidic film and provides deep nourishment and long lasting hydrating to protect it from further harsh environmental conditions.
- I received this in Vineyard Rose and love the delicate scent of cottage roses that leaves skin just lightly scented after use.
- Feels like Hazeline Snow that I grew up with as a kid as has the same smooth silken texture. Enriched with rose-hip oil, it is easily absorbed and although rich, it is non-greasy and just leaves skin feeling like velvet.
- Helps damaged skin heals faster. I burnt the back of my hand during cooking over the weekend and after using this cream for 4 days, the burn mark looked like it never existed.
- Great as a post-shave cream to sooth irritated legs and calm down bumps on legs
- Within 1 week of use, my scaly legs are smooth with almost no dry flakiness left. The dry rough heels on my feet have never felt so soft and although they are still dry looking, they are no longer cracked looking and are actually starting to smooth up - no cream has managed to do this yet so I'm mighty impressed.
Perfumed Shea Butter Soap 100g - RRP A$8.95
Delicately scented, these soaps produce a creamy lather to gently cleanses the skin and helps maintain its natural moisture balance.
Fair Trade Shea Butter 150ml - RRP A$49.95
My favourite pick would have to be the ultra rich body cream. It has healing properties and is able to smooth my rough heels. If you were to only pick up one thing, you can't go past this jar of magic cream.
This very limited edition Perfumed Shea Butter range is available from 9th May at selected L'Occitane Boutiques, Myer, David Jones, and selected pharmacies.Products marked * were sent for consideration.