I've never gotten around to trying it out as I wasn't that impressed with the last Rimmel eyeliner I bought (it was too smudgy on me) and then I kind of forgot about the whole case... until I saw it again the other day. I pulled out the lipstick and must admit, it looked to be the perfect Red that I've been looking for a while now and all that time I had one sitting in my stash.
Rimmel Colour Show Off Lipstick - Red Fever
|swatched in indoor white lighting|
- The perfect strong red against my medium NC30 skintone.There is no hint of orange or blue undertones in this shade, just pure red goodness.
- Medium to full coverage, this pigmented lip colour goes on opaque and has quite a matte finish.
- Although not quite creamy, it is non-drying and applies smoothly from the tube and is lightweight on lips.
- This lipstick is tasteless but there is a plum fruit scent to it - I personally don't mind it at all.
- As with most bold colours, it's best to use a lip brush to do applications to get precise lines around the lips.
- wear wise, I got about 2-3 hours without food, which is dramatically reduced when I drank from a glass or ate anything.
- To enhance it's wearability, I would condition lips well before applying the lipstick and maybe dab a little bit of gloss over it just to give it some added dimension since the matte finish can make it look flat.
Overall, I think for the price point and pigmentation, this is a great lipstick to have, especially if it comes in the colour that you are after. The only downside is that it are only 6 shades available and I'd love to see them expand this line with more colour options in the near future.
RRP A$14.95 at selected Priceline, David Jones and selected pharmacies.