My favourite makeup removers are the 2 phase types (eg. Clinique Take of the Day, Lancome Bi-Facil or Face of Australia Gentle Makeup Remover) where you have to shake the product to emulsify them before use as I find them more effective at removing stubborn eye makeup - especially the waterproof varieties.
So when I heard there is a new type of makeup remover in the market, I just had to check it out to find out more about it.
Dove Foaming Makeup Remover
- Liquid in bottle, the unique formula turns to foam upon pumping it out of the bottle.
- Can be applied to dry or wet face to remove makeup by massaging the foam onto skin to break the makeup down and then rinsing it off with water.
- I find that 2 pumps is adequate to cover my whole face and I use 1 more pump for the eye area as the heavy makeup there needs more foam to remove the eye products.
- Foaming remover feels like cotton wools carressing face and is pleasant to use with a nice fresh fragrance.
- Does a great job with removing grime and makeup from face with ease of use depending on makeup formula (with more foam required for waterproof or emulsifying lip products)
- The foam is not tear-proof - this means if you do get it into your eye, it does cause mild irritation so be careful when taking off that waterproof mascara.
- Can almost double up as a cleanser as well as it leaves skin cleansed and soft and non-tight feeling. However, it is slightly greasy after washing face and as I like to double cleanse, I follow up it with a quick cleanse with normal cleanser afterwards (I do use less cleanser though).
A pleasure to use and if you like the feeling of soft cottony foam removing makeup from your face, then this is something you should look into. It isn't as effective as the 2 phase emulsion type removers but it is certainly more enjoyable to use and I like the fact that it is a cleanser as well.
What is your favourite makeup remover?
RRP 150ml A$10.99 at Priceline, Supermarkets and selected Pharmacies.
This product was provided for review.