Grown is an Australian skincare company that prides itself in bringing botanical beauty products to everyday life. For those who aren't familiar with the brand, here's a quick low-down.
- Home-grown Aussie owned and made organic bio active products across its entire range.
- Being an organic alchemist company, all their ingredients in their products are naturally derived and pass all the stringent requirements to be able to be certified organic.
- Produce products that are free from sensitivity causing additives such as lauryl sulfates, glycols, petrochemicals, artificial fragrances, synthetic colours, silcones and parabens or animal derivatives.
- Against Animal Testing and instead opt for clinical trials to show proven results of the harmonious marriage of nature and biological chemistry.
- Dermatologically tested to avoid skin reactions.
- Use environmentally-friendly and recyclable packaging that is also created to protect the delicate ingredients inside. The amber glass bottle designs harks back to the early 20th alchemist ears and are used to guard against UV oxidation of the product and aluminium tube to prevent air getting into creams and lotions and spoiling it or decreasing its potency.
I recently had the opportunity to road test their balancing facial moisturiser and 2 other items from their limited edition Winter Repair Kit RRP A$99 (A$142 value) which includes a facial exfoliant 75ml, a masque 65ml and a serum 25ml all boxed in gold and ready to gift or spoil yourself with.
Facial Exfoliant: Peppermint, juniper berry & jojoba 75ml A$44
- This refreshing facial scrub has the finest jojoba micro-beads to gently exfoliate skin and move along those dry patches dulling skin - a saviour for my flaky winter skin due to use of retin-A and Jen's Idebenone/NAG serum.
- Contains refreshing peppermint out which is cooling but be careful using this when you have broken skin as it can sting a little. Pink Grapefuit and juniper berry oils in this exfoliating cleanser helps to detoxify and sooth the face.
- I like how this cleanser doesn't leave a residue and none of that too tight over drying feel and preps skin for the moisturising step.
In a nutshell: Very gentle yet effective exfoliator that keeps flaky skin under control.
Facial Mask: Deep purifying wheatgerm ginkgo & Cranberry 65ml RRP A$39
- Clay based masque for deep cleansing and detoxifying.
- Star ingredients of antioxidants cranberry seeds, ginkgo and pro-vitamin B5 to protect against cellular stress and help purify the skin, and wheatgerm oil which is essential fatty acid rich with vitamins A,D,E helps replenish moisture back into skin.
- instantly cools and calms skin when this is applied onto skin. I detect a whiff or fresh geranium roses and some sort of essential oil when applied to skin.
- Left for 10 minutes before washing off with warm water, it left skin feeling soft clean and velvety smooth. There was no drying effects usually associated with clay masks thank to the moisture rich shea and cocoa butter formula while absorbing excess sebum to give you oil control.
- I didn't notice a firm or lifted feeling but did experience refined pores and brighter, more even skintone were immediately evident.
In a nutshell: Just the perfect masque for a midweek detox or weekend purfication session.
Facial Moisturiser: Matte Acai-berry and Borago 40ml RRP $59
- This light gel-light moisturiser is non-greasy and goes on skin like silk, leaves it matte without a hint of oil and is a great base of makeup.
- The balancing formula contains acai-berry essential fatty acids and vitamins to protect, lycopeins from tomatoes and aloe to ward off free-radicals and promote healthy collagen production and sesame oil for sebum control.
- Does an amazing job of mattifying my normal/combo skin and kept the shinies at bay all day long -very impressed. If this also had SPF I think it could be elevated to HG status for me.
In a nutshell: Provides good hydration and excellent sebum control all day long. It's my current favourite daytime moisturiser.
If you are interested, the Grown Winter Repair kit RRP A$99 (valued at $142) is a valued packed kit which is still available at your local stores.
Available nationally through David Jones, selected MYER stores (city stores), and selected beauty salons, and pharmacies or online at Grown.com.
These products were provided for consideration.