So when I finally had a chance to try them out, I knew I would not be dissapointed.
Illamasqua Cream Blusher
|L-R: Rude, Seduce, Dixie|
Now Illamasqua is known for their superior pigmentation, amazing quality and performance and these cream blushers are no exception. In fact they probably rank right up there with Becca (review on those
- Love the sturdy, albeit slightly bulky curved packaging of the product and the clear window from the top lets you easily see the colour inside which speeds up the shade selection process when you need to dig around your makeup stash.
- Has a beautiful texture - non-sticky or tacky, it's thin, almost gel-like feel that goes on like a dream and blends very easily with fingers. It's slightly oily to the touch at the start but once blended out, that oily feeling disappears.
- The colours can look scary in the pan and swipes opaquely but fear not because of the texture, it blends out rather sheerly for buildable colour and with its dewy finish, will give you that natural lit from within pop of colour all day long.
- You wont find any glitter or shimmer here, it's just glorious pure matte pigments.
- Did I mention the staying power already? amazing for a cream blush stays put all day long. It also smells faintly of sweet biscuits in the pan but not detectable when applied to skin.
- Now fingers works well for 95% of the situations but if you want to take it up to the next level, a cream blush brush will make it 100% fool-proof. I used the MAC cream blush brush #192 (a flat synthetic mid size brush with stiff long bristles - will have to try it with a concealer brush which is softer to see if it gives the same beautiful results)
- These can also work as lip colours - just swipe and lightly pat over conditioned lips for a lush tinted look. It is lightweight enough and I didn't experience any feathering with it.
Dixie - A red tone rose pink that resembles that natural flush on my cheeks and is the perfect winter time shade. This is the lit from within pink on my NC30 skin. The shade is very universal and would flatter all skintones. It also comes up as a nude pink colour on my medium pigmented lips.
Seduce - A neutral medium plum raspberry/rose that comes up as a natural stunner on cheeks and universally flatter all skintones.
Rude - A corally pink that adds a fresh pop of colour would make the perfect Spring shade or any time you want to brighten up the face.
|Top-bottom: Unblended, blended (flash lighting)|
Have you tried any of Illamasqua's blushers yet? What colours are your favourite?
PRP A$42 | US$26 for 4g (that will last you forever with these babies)
Available at Illamasqua counters in selected Myer stores or in limited colours selections at Myer Online.
This product was provided for consideration.