Launched in July, this latest skincare promises to dramatically reduce the appearance of uneven skintone. Does it live up to these claims?
Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator Serum
- Boast tri-optic technology (read: light reflecting particles and colour correctors) that diffuses light to gives skin an even and immediate luminous pearlescent sheen. The brighteners here work subtly to give you a soft glow, it's very natural looking without any sign of the makeup look. LIKE!
- Contains a cocktail of ingredients that treat the 3 main contributors to uneven skintone: skin irritations causing redness and blotchiness, pigmentation, and free-radicals stressing skin. Let's take a closer look at the key ingredients lineup:
- Ascorbyl glucoside, and Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, both forms of vitamin C that brighten skin and address pigmentation
- resveratrol containing Japanese knotweed extract a powerful free-radical scavenger and another skin brightener
- Acetyl glucosamine helps fight and address pigmentation.
- Grapeseed extract, licorice and Scutellaria Baicalensis for anti-allergen, anti-inflammatory properties to calm, soothe redness and irritations prevent flare ups.
- Antioxidant cocktail of rosemary extract, apple extract, pomergrante juice, and Nordihydroguaiaretic a potent anti-oxidant to protect skin from environmental stresses.
- Smells divine with a sparkling citrus note that refreshes and awaken, the slipperly fluid readily absorbs into skin with no stickiness or greasy feeling. In fact skin feels like velvet silk afterwards thanks to the dimethicone.
|light reflecting particles to give a pearlescent sheen|
- The next morning after use, I genuinely noticed that my skintone is even and brighter, as if I’ve had plenty of sleep and am having a good skin day glow. Using it twice a day for 3 weeks, along with my 15% vitamin C serum, I have seen a dramatic improvement to the newer light pigmentation marks (they are no longer visible unless I squint closely to examine them). There is however, no visible difference to older pigmentation spots yet.
- Skin is hydrated (thanks to the hyaluronic acid), radiant, smooth to touch and very much plumped up after using this serum. My skintone is remarkably even around the eye (apart from the dread dark circles that I can’t get rid of) and fresh blemish marks fade within a week of use. I dare say my skin looks so radiant on it's own I've gone out bare-faced on weekends.
- Wanting to make sure it was the product that was giving me the bright glowy skin, I decided to stop using the product for a few days. Sure enough, my complexion started to show signs of dullness and sallowness after 4 days. Needless to say, I starting piling on the product again after that to maintain the my healthy glow.
Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Propanediol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Petrolatum, Butylene Glycol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa (Algae) Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Selaginella Tamariscina (Spike Moss) Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Juice, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Algae Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Yeast Extract, Cholesterol, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Caffeine, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Sucrose, Squalene, Phytosterols, Lactoperoxidase, Polysorbate 40, Glucose Oxidase, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Jojoba Alcohol, Isopropyl Jojobate, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Jojoba Esters, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Acetyl Glucosamine, Trehalose, Glucose, Isohexadecane, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Polysilicone-11, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polysorbate 80, Tromethamine, PEG-8, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Polyglyceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Phytosphingosine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocotrienols, Sodium Hyaluronate, Magnolia Grandiflora Bark Extract, Phospholipids, Tocopherol, Pinanediol, Camphanediol, Potassium Sulfate, Laureth-12, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triolein, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Cyclodextrin, Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride, Silica, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Yellow 5
RRP A$105 30ml | A$150 50ml at Estee Lauder counters or online.
This product was provided for consideration.