During the days whilst my skin was peeling and healing, I need a ultra gentle moisturiser to keep skin my moist and hydrated and give it a layer of protection.
My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil for its gentle basic moisturising properties but my skin was so dry during this, I would have been slathering the stuff every 1/2 hour - not something I was wanting to entertain. Luckily I had a tub of something even better on hand to use during this critcial period of skin trauma.
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream - 125ml
- Rich and nourishing but non-greasy and light textured, the formula has a good slip and a gel consistency but does takes some rubbing to absorb into skin.
- Contains Imperata Cylindrica extract, a catcus plant that thrives in the Australian dessert and Antarcticine which contains a clycoprotein extracted from organisms from Antarctic sea glaciers that provides hydration and protection from extreme harsh conditions so is good for our dry climates as it helps to retain moisture in skin.
- Is scentless and non-irrating, even for extremely traumatised skin and can be use over open cuts or wounds.
- Provides immediate hydration that lasts all day in most conditions. While my skin was healing and peeling from the fraxel treatment, I applied after washing my face in the morning, and topped up during the day when my skin was feeling tight (about 6-8 hours later, especially during the first 2 days after treatment) and then again at night.
- This leaves skin hydrated and feeling comfortable and helps rid the tight feeling when skin is overly dry. On normal dry skin this would be able to provide all day hydration and can last up to 24 hours (although one would usually have washed their face at least once by that time and reapplied but it's good to know it would last that long in extreme conditions).
- This would be suitable for those with extremely dry or wind-chapped, and would help those suffering from ecezma or mild dermatitis to sooth and hydrate.
RRP A$64 at selected Kielh's counters at Myer, David Jones stores or Kiehl's online.
This product was provided for consideration.