A fan of multi-purpose products, I find anything that makes saves me time in the morning or makes life easier added to the staples list of my (ever-growing) morning beauty routine. So when this latest 2-in-1 skincare makeup was launched into the market earlier this month, I knew it would be something that could easily simplify my life in the rushed mornings.
Clinique Repairwear laser focus all-smooth makeup SPF 15 - 30ml
- This combines the patented ingredients and benefits of the hugely successful Clinique Repairwear laser focus de-wrinkle and UV damage corrector serum to correct, protect and prevent fine lines and wrinkle causing by UV damage.
- This foundation goes on smoothly, gives medium buildable coverage and dries to a soft natural finish (similar to Bobbi Brown's long lasting natural finish foundation, but with more coverage).
- Upon application, it immediately soften lines whilst evening out skintone and hiding imperfections (as you expect a foundation to do). But the key impressive thing for me with that is that it is very moisturising, and doesn't settle into fine lines or accentuate large pores and lines. It just basks my skin in moisture and keeps it hydrated all day long, which is particularly beneficial in air-conditioned offices.
- Contains SPF 15 (the standard SPF formula for foundations in our market) and a cocktail of ingredients that you normally find in skincare to help reverse the signs of aging.
- You will find skin protecting Murumuru seed butter, vitamin E to provides anti-oxidative protection while skin plumping palimitoyl oligopeptide and siegesbeckia orientalis extract fills in the lines and gives skin a smoother appearance, and whey proteins firms and refines the texture . Add in the SPF and you have an all rounder skincare product really.
- Use with your anti-aging and damage corrector skincare, this will no doubt give an added boost to the reversal of skin imperfections and damage rather than just covering it up. Paired with the Repairwear Laser Focus serum (review of that coming soon), it makes for the perfect powerhouse couple in the fight for fine lights and bad skin texture.
|this gives a medium coverage natural dewy finish. Flash used|
|blended swatches on NC30 skin|
For foundation colour matching, it's best to get a colour consultation with the makeup advisor and check the results in natural sunlight, away from the bright warm store lights. If you are unsure of the formula or colour match provided (the advisors do make mistakes sometimes), ask for a small sample to use for a couple of days to make sure its the right product/shade for you.
Clinique's repairwear laser focus makeup is what I like to call a genius foundation: it feels very comfortable on skin, gives adequate coverage with a great finish that lasts the whole day and with longer term use actually helps to improve the texture and appearance of your skin. This is by far my one of my foundations released this year in terms of finish and coverage and with 10 shades available for 2 different skin types (I: very dry or II: dry-combination), you should be able to find a shade that suits.
RRP A$68 | US$32.50 |£27.00 at Clinique counters across the country now.
This product was provided for consideration.