October is unofficially Pinktober with Pink Ribbon Day falling on 24th October this year.
Being a lover of all shades of pink, I would only too happy to get behind this cause for that reason alone but although I've been fortunate enough to not have family touched by breast cancer, I've had lymphoma cruelly take away a family member too early in their young life.
This is why I have more of a vested interest to help the cause find a cure to these insidious diseases that take far too many people's lives prematurely each year.
And there's nothing more satisfying and worthy than purchasing some beautiful and practical (ok, the men in our lives might think otherwise) paraphernalia this month to help contribute and make a difference. Here's a selection of my personal favourites:
1. Clinique online exclusive from 2nd October - 3 Mini Long Last Lipgloss key chain A$35. A$5 from each item sold will be donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF). This is too adorable and I'll be adding it to my shopping cart next week.
2. Estee Lauder Perfectionist CP+ Wrinkle Lifting Serum with a cute Pink Ribbon keychain 50ml - A$168. A$20 of each bottle sold is donated to the NBCF. High-speed wrinkle lifting serum and cute accessory - need I say more? Available Sunday 2nd October.
3. Dove Nourishing Body Wash A$6.99 at supermarkets. Dove is a platinum partner of the NBCF and aims to raise over $700,000 this year. Go Dove!
4. Bobbi Brown Pink Ribbon Collection Bellini High Shimmer Gloss and Pink Lip colour duo A$86. An online exclusive from Sunday 2nd October, a whopping $40 from each set sold is donated to the NBCF. You will look pretty powerful with this pretty combo!
5. OPI Pink Ribbon limited edition Pink Shatter Nail Lacquer A$19.95. I love shattering polish and in this bright warm pink, it will shatter my heart if I don't own one. 100% of profits donated to NBCF to raise $25,000. Now that is generous! Available at David Jones stores nationally now.
6. Aveda Hand Relief A$44.95 for supple soft hands and a good cause from participating salons and Aveda Experience Centres. US$4 donated to cruelty free research arm of NBCF. No lab rats here!
7. Pandora limited edition Pink Ribbon Silver Necklace A$179 or Gold Charm A$329. We can never have enough bling in our lives so bring on this Pink Ribbon edition! 15% of the sale price will go to NBCF. Visit http://www.pandora.net/ for your nearest stocklist.
If you want to donate directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, please visit them online here. Don't forget to proudly wear your pink ribbon!