This is a soft look that is both chic and glam and actually quite easy to achieve. The curls are a sure fire way to add to the soft feminine look
Key Products UsedEyes & Brows
- Bobbi Brown Ultimate Party Palette* RRP A$130
- Shu Uemura Glittery Mascara (LE holiday collection by Wong Kar Wai)* RRP A$55
- Kiss Me liquid eye liner US$12 from Sasa & reviewed here
- Three Trees Faux lashes #112 （set of 10) US$5 from Ebay
- Dollywink eyelash glue US$10.20 from Sasa
- Illamasqua brow powder in Motto RRP A$27
- Illamasqua Skinbase #9* RRP A$55
- Illamasqua concealer in UC200* RRP A$33
- Bobbi Brown powder blush in Apricot RRP A$58
- Cover Girl Smoother lip liner in pink velvet RRP A$13.75
- Tinsel (pink shade) from Bobbi Brown Ultimate Party Palette* RRP A$130
- Bobbi Brown foundation brush RRP A$68
- Shu Uemura Wong Kar Wai Flashing Gold 4 piece mini brush set with pouch* RRP A$98 (featuring goat hair blush brush, sable hair eye shader, synthetic eye shader, sable eye/lip liner brush)
- Shu Uemura eye lash curler RRP A$39
- Mac #263 angled eyeliner brush RRP A$39
This look is focused on having playful and precious looking smokey eyes and the feature product to achieve this is the new LE Bobbi Brown Ultimate Party Collection Palette. Its double decker compact palette features a collection of cool metallic and shimmer shades to ensure your eyes sparkles in the light. It also comes with 4 glitter lip glosses underneath which are all very pale in colour pay off and work best when layered over a richer lip colour.
1. Start by framing the face by filling in any area of sparse brows with a brow powder for a soft natural look. Motto is a greyish taupe shade that is natural looking on dark coloured brows and doesn’t look drawn on like some brown or red-brown based powders
As the eye colours were quite sophisticated, I only had to use 3 shades from the palette to achieve the look.
|Bobbi Brown Ultimate Party Palette|
2. Apply Navajo (metallic champagne -A) as a highlighter on the brow bones, Pewter (a silvery olive -B) on lids and along the lower lash line, the crease was darkened with Plum Steel (black purple plum -C).
3. Dolly eyes are created by lining the top lid with liquid eye liner and are glammed up even more with false lashes and this season’s hottest gold glitter mascara by Shu Uemura. This clear gel mascara won’t volumise or lengthen but its fine iridescent glitter particles means that your lashes will sparkle and glisten through all hours of partying.
Tip: curl natural lashes first before applying false lashes so they have a curl and blend in with the false lashes.
|Shu Uemura KWK Glittery mascara|
2. Apply undereye concealer to hide dark circles and other marks on skin (applying concealer after foundation ensures that you don’t blend away the concealer while blending in the foundation).
3. The cheeks are swept with Bobbi Brown’s Apricot (although it looks like a bright warm pink in the pan, it’s a pinky peach on my skin and the perfect spring shade) before a light dusting of NYX loose powder to set everything in place.
4. Finally for a long lasting lip colour, use a light pink lip pencil to lightly shade in lips and blot away the excess and then apply a light shimmer gloss (Tinsel - D, a soft glitter pink from Bobbi Brown’s Ultimate Party palette) for soft fresh lips.
KMS Silk Sheen Styling Crème * RRP A$31.95
KMS Curl Up Wave Foam* RRP A$36.95
Remington Tribal Compact Tong* RRP A$33.95
1. Prep hair with a heat protectant (KMS Freeshape Hot Flex Spray) and some curling mousse (KMS Curl up wave foam) to help enhance curls when using with curling tongs.
2. I used the Remington Tribal Compact Tong, which is a mini version of its bigger sister that gives smaller ringlet curls and is exceptionally handy for travelling. The only downside to its size is that it takes longer to complete the look, particularly if you have lots of hair like me – the plus side is pretty tight curls! To prevent too much volume, I only curled the hair from below the ears.
3. Finish with KMS Silk Sheen Crème to lightly smooth away any flyaways on top of head and added some gloss into hair and provides a softer more natural shine than silicone based serum products.
You can also pop on a floral headband for a cute youthful look. I picked mine up from Forever New.
Shu Uemura, Bobbi Brown, Illamasqua are all available on counters now.
KMS products are available at Hairhouse warehouse, Petra Hair and selected salons.
Products marked * were provided for consideration or received at events. All other products were purchased.