Well that was my theory until recently when I was introduced to a cleansing water that has consistently on the favourite list of celebrities (Kylie Mingue, Gemma Ward) and makeup-artists alike and can often be seen the back stages of fashion week.
The Bioderma Story:In 1977, French brand Bioderma was launched by a skin pharmacist to bring bio-dermalogical products to help skin better perform its function. It boasts ingredients in its products that mimics the function of your skin’s own biological systems and creates the best and is recommended by leading dermatologists and pharmacists all over.
Bioderma has now made its way to the Australian shore and currently has 3 lines of products to address the most common skin concerns - oily skin (Sebum), sensitised skin (Crealine) and extra dry/eczema skin (Atoderm).
And last month, I was introduced to Bioderma’s product range and best selling product- their cleansing water that sells a bottle every 8 seconds aound the world!
Here’s a closer look at this wonder water:
- This is a non-rinse water - so is great for those late nights home when you need to remove makeup but can’t be bothered with washing up. Just a cotton pad soaked to remove the makeup and a another clean pad with the crealine water to pick up any residues and your skin is clean soft and soothe again (I always believe in double cleansing – even if it is the non-rinsing variety!)
- It cleanses the skin of impurities thanks to the power ingredient ‘miclles’ which attracts oil/grease and keeps skin soft and feeling refreshed.
- Has soothing ingredients of cucumber extract to relieve skin of any tightness or discomfort and is alcohol, fragrance and paraben free with the same pH as skin to keep skin balanced.
- Removes all foundations easily and majority of eye makeup, including most waterproof mascaras. The only issue I found it took more effort to remove the Kiss Me Heroine waterproof mascara (my HG mascara) which just does not budge during the day and required longer contact with the wet cotton pad against the eye and few more wipes to remove.
- The most impressive thing for me was its ability to clean up eye liner and pen marks, look below and at my hand and after 2 slow swipe of the cotton pad, the writing has all but disappear. Suitable for sensitive skin as it is super gentle and you after using it to cleanse your face, you can immediately apply your skincare.
|Pen marks removed in a few gentle wipes|
No wonder it’s an international best seller with the impressive statistics of one bottle being sold every 8 seconds!
Crealine H20 250ml RRP A$39.95 - Bioderma products is available from selected Melbourne and Sydney pharmacies and will expand to other states soon. For stocklist details or direct orders you can contact the company enquiry. Their new website will also launch very soon and I'll update with info when available.
This featured product was provided for consideration.