Having Asian eyes which are semi hooded doesn't help either. Short of having surgery to correct the problem, what else can I do?
In Asia, women have been using the hugely popular invisible tapes to create double eye lids or enhance the creases over the past few years.
This idea has now caught on in western market and have gone on to additional uses, they can also be used to lift droopy eyes and create better defined creases.
One such product in our market is Eye Define.
|Results others achieved with using Eye Define|
|Out of the packet|
The lid tape itself are cut to a crescent shape to fit the eyes. These are transparent temporary stick on lid tapes that you use to create deeper crease and hold the droopy lids in place.
|The Eye Define lid tape|
Don’t be afraid to use a pair of scissors to cut the tape to size to suit your eye shape if it is too thick, not curved enough etc. Play around with it until you find what works for you.
The Pros of Eye Define
- Instant results of lifted eyes and better defined creases, creating bigger eyes. Stays put and lasts all day long without irritating eyes and is very comfortable on eye lids.
- Cost effective and great for special occasion are perfect for those Kodak moments where you want to look fresh and at your best for the camera.
- Can be used over or under eye shadow. I find that the fading of eye shadows gives obvious lines around the tape so regular touch ups will be required when using shadow on top.
The Cons of Eye Define
- Can be fiddly to work out the angle of which to apply the strips to create desired result. This means it can be time consuming unless you perfect your application of it.
- Depending on your eye shape and crease depth, they may not be as invisible as you like them to be. It will not be noticeable in photos but from speaking distance, people will be notice – just as they would with extravagant false lashes.
For me, the lift not only created a wider eye look, it also helped to remove the hooding of my eye lids so I have proper double eye lids, like what the Asian eye lid tapes could help me achieve.
|Wider Eyes: one done (on the left). You can even use eye shadow over these lid tapes|
|Eye Define on both eyes|
In any case, practice makes perfect so if you are looking to use the product for a special event, make sure you do this a few times before you actually want to wear this out as you will need plenty of practice to know what angle you need to apply these eye lid tapes on.
RRP A$29.95 from Eye Define online.
This featured product was provided for consideration.